Tour of the castle (basic tour)
Visitors have a chance to see the uniquely well-preserved fortification system of the older castle and the more recent three-storey castle, from which there is an exceptional view of the valley of the river Dyje. The preserved ruins of the castle with manteau built by Moravian margrave John Henry of Luxembourg, brother emperor Charles IV. The small castle was founded like margrave hunting lodge in the 14th century. Today, Nový Hrádek is a unique combination of historical and natural values of the National Park Podyjí. The largest snake of the Czech Republic lives here, the tree snake, a castle cellars serve for hibernation bats through winter. The courtyard is dotted a rare mullein grows. There is a unique view of the Dyje river valley from the top gallery of the castle.
- Visitors are to wait for tours in front of the entrance to the castle where there is a noticeboard giving information about when they start.
- Tours are only possible with a guide, and access without a guide is not possible as it would threaten the unique natural environment of the first zone of the national park as well as the historic architecture and people’s health and security.
- On completion of the tour it is essential that participants leave through the main gate and depart from the courtyard of the ruins.
- It should be remembered that the only shelter from rain is the shelter at Příčky (about 2 km from the castle). At present there is no option for shelter from inclement weather while waiting for a tour at the entrance to the castle!
- The tour will take place in Czech with foreign visitors being lent a text in English or German.
- The lunch break is set by the visitors’ regulations as being from 12:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Reservations are only necessary for groups.
|1. 4.-30. 4.||sat–sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|6. 4.-10. 4.||mon, thu, fri, sat, sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|1. 5.-30. 6.||tue–sun||10.00 – 16.00|
|1. 5.||mon||10.00 – 16.00|
|2. 5. (Tu)||closed|
|8. 5.||mon||10.00 – 16.00|
|9. 5. (Tu)||closed|
|1. 7.-31. 8.||tue–sun||10.00 – 17.00|
|1. 9.-30. 9.||tue–sun||10.00 – 16.00|
|1. 10.-31. 10.||sat–sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|26. 10.||thu||10.00 – 15.00|
|27. 10.||fri||10.00 – 15.00|
Czech guide tour
- Category Price
- Adults 25-64 years 120 CZK
- Seniors 65+ 100 CZK
- Youth 18-24 years 100 CZK
- Persons with disabilities with valid identification card/certificate 100 CZK
- Children 6-17 years 40 CZK
- Children under 5 years free
- Person accompanying a disabled person free
- Person accompanying a school group of 15 pupils/students free
- Guide accompanying a group of at least 15 persons free
- "MK ČR" card * free
- ICOMOS card * free
- Seasonal NPÚ ticket free
- Single NPÚ tickets free
- NPÚ card free
- "Náš člověk" card * free
- * Valid only for one person (card holder)
- Kategorie Cena